This article will review Shopify as an ecommerce platform for online payment processing.
Shopify Review: Company Overview
Shopify was founded in 2006 and has gone from strength to strength, with high profile clients including Amnesty International, Encyclopaedia Britannica, and General Electric. The company offers a professional, cost-effective way for online sellers to establish a store, and appeals not only to large companies, but also to entrepreneurs who need to build their business quickly.
Shopify has been able to attract total funding of $22 million and now employs 296 staff, all of whom are represented on a photo board on the site. The number of active stores using the Shopify model has risen to 60,000+ selling over 45,000 individual products online.
|Shopify Web Design||Rating|
|Products & Services|
|Ease of Use|
|Help & Support|
|Reviewed by Expert Market:||10/03/2016|
Benefits of Shopify
One of the main benefits of this hosted e-commerce solution is its ease of use, even for those with little technical expertise. Their on-site portfolio contains examples of small businesses that have been able to design beautiful sites based on a choice of over 100 different themes.
A free 14-day trial allows potential customers to try out the software before buying, with no need to input credit card details. This allows businesses to put their trust in the company without fear of receiving unwanted emails and spam if they decide not to continue with a purchased plan.
A vast range of template designs offers plenty of choice, from pretty pastel colour schemes to bright and breezy designs to make your business stand out from the crowd. A huge benefit to entrepreneurs and business owners who do not want to get involved in order packing and distribution is the integration with order fulfilment services such as those provided by Amazon.
Shopify features include:
- Free, fully customisable templates
- Customer forum to discuss ideas with other business owners
- Streamlined system of product addition, editing and organisation
- Detailed inventory tracking
- Keyword tags for targeted customer searches
- Integration with fulfilment services for those who do not want to pack and deliver
- Order notifications via email, text messaging or RSS from within Shopify
- Detailed reports for tracking payments and shipping status
- Inventory warnings for low product stock
- Coupon creation for free shipping or special items, and entering of comparison prices to get the edge on your competition
- Shopify is hosted on secure servers, and operated from a world-class data centre
Businesses can try Shopify for 14 days on a free trial basis, without having to input any credit card details.
- Price plans start at £20 per month for a basic plan that carries a 2% transaction fee and includes setup, unlimited bandwidth, 1GB of file storage, use of your own domain, and 100 products.
- A ‘Professional’ package is available for £53 per month with a 1% transaction fee, including the ability to create discount codes alongside the features mentioned above.
- Their most expensive option costs £121 per month and includes unlimited products and file storage, real-time carrier shipping and no transaction fee, in addition to the above features.
For those businesses wanting a completely customised store with no template designs, Shopify Design Experts can design one from scratch, but you will need to get in touch with the company for prices.
To compare more top companies and narrow down your search for an e-commerce developer, fill out the form at the top of this page. Expert Market UK will help you find the best web development services and compare rates from top companies.
Compare free quotes from leading web design agencies today!