Compare the best fleet management systems for UK small businesses, and steer your business to success
Vehicle tracking has become increasingly popular in the UK in recent years, and it’s easy to see why. Whatever way you look at it, vehicle trackers save you money. Plain and simple. They make your business more efficient, more productive and more flexible.
We’ve rounded up our pick of the best vehicle tracking suppliers in the UK today. Read on to find out how their systems are already adding value to businesses like yours.
Scroll down for our expert reviews, or dive into our table below to start comparing quotes from top suppliers.
What’s on this page?
- 01 | Vehicle tracking suppliers: at a glance
- 02 | Comparing the top 5 vehicle tracking suppliers
- 03 | Verizon Connect: Best for all-round excellence
- 04 | Movolytics: Best for monitoring driver behaviour
- 05 | Teletrac: Best for businesses with HGV fleets
- 06 | Quartix: Best for ease of use
- 07 | Masternaut: Best for fuel and vehicle analytics
- 08 | How to choose the best vehicle tracking supplier for you
- 09 | Next steps
- 10 | FAQs
Save by Comparing Vehicle Tracking Quotes from Leading Suppliers
Do you already have a Vehicle Tracking System?
The best vehicle tracking suppliers for small businesses
We looked at the range of vehicle tracking systems on the market for SMEs, in the UK and beyond. Our top five picks made the cut for their intuitive features, clever dashboards, and big value.
The best vehicle trackers for small UK businesses are Verizon Connect, Movolytics, Teletrac, Quartix, and Masternaut.
The best GPS fleet tracking for small business:
Best for all-round excellence
Verizon is a world-renowned vehicle tracking provider. They track over a 757,000 vehicles every single day. They offer various devices and software suite features, so you can customise your vehicle tracking solution to your requirements.
Verizon track over 41 million miles daily, across the world. You can use their industry-leading vehicle tracking software Verizon Connect on a computer or smartphone for easy access to real-time information. They also offer field service software and asset tracking, which you can use with their vehicle tracking products to follow job completion rates.
- Intuitive, intelligent interface makes tracking easy-on-the-eye
- Excellent customer service and onboarding
- Provides remote, real-time, automated tachograph updates from your vehicles
- Pricing lacks transparency
Best for monitoring driver behaviour
Movolytics have invested millions in software development over recent years, and now have one of the most powerful fleet tracking platforms available. With a modern interface and a comprehensive list of over 150 trackable variables, this is one of the most sophisticated systems available.
Movolytics’ software track over 150 driver behaviours – everything from cornering to braking and accelerating. It offers real insights that you can use to make your drivers safer and more fuel efficient.
- No upfront costs and zero hidden charges
- Lets you track your fuel spend to a penny
- Pleasant, intuitive dashboard looks great on your device
- Customer support not as strong as some of the other vehicle tracking suppliers on this list
Best for businesses with HGV fleets
Teletrac are an industry-leading supplier of vehicle tracking and fleet management services, focused on providing the latest and most innovative solutions. They offer smart performance monitoring suitable for any size business looking to improve logistical productivity. Some of their most well-known clients include Virgin Atlantic, BMW and Dominos.
Teletrac Navman offer different levels based on business size, from the Essentials package for smaller fleets through to the Enterprise edition for the largest. There’s also a specialised solution for fleets with heavy construction vehicles (HGVs) called Qtanium Connect.
- Automates your dispatching and compliance efforts
- Powers the growth of over 40,000 companies worldwide
- Suitable for businesses of all sizes
- Interface can be a tad clunky when compared to other fleet tracking systems for small businesses
Best for ease of use
Quartix offer comprehensive and reliable real-time vehicle tracking solutions. Businesses using Quartix can access fleet management reports online anytime and anywhere. The user-friendly system provides information on everything from vehicle speed, to alerts when drivers leave a geofenced area.
It’s easy to manage your fleet with Quartix. They use Google Maps technology, meaning you can keep track of vehicles from both streetview and satellite perspectives. Their entry-level system, ‘InfoPoint’, costs only £13.90 a month.
Businesses which rely heavily on their vehicles should opt for the ‘Corporate’ option. This costs £19.50 a month and provides advanced fleet management capabilities with FleetCheck, as well as fuel management and compliance regulation.
- Smart integration with Google Maps
- Good-looking, straightforward interface
- Boasts impressive online customer approval ratings
- Lower tier packages are affordable, but you’ll miss out on key features
Best for fuel and vehicle analytics
Masternaut are the biggest fleet management and vehicle tracking provider in the UK. Their platform, ‘Connect,’ brings together a wide range of features from real-time GPS tracking to in-car coaching. The result is a comprehensive solution that is proven to save money and cut carbon emissions.
Masternaut Connect has a driver ‘league table’. A healthy bit of competition for the title of ‘best driver’ encourages responsible and efficient driving. The in-cab coaching light bar is also very handy as it lets drivers pick up on their bad habits (such as harsh driving and idling) in real time.
If any unusual or unscheduled activity occurs, custom email notifications will let you know straight away, so you can act fast.
- Provides verbal feedback to your drivers when they speed or deviate from the set route
- Customisable dashboard, alerts, and analysis
- Historical reports provide key insights about your business
- Online reviews suggest the mobile app can be prone to glitches and crashing
Choose the best vehicle tracker for your small business
When it comes to finding a vehicle tracking supplier for your business, there’s definitely no ‘one size fits all’ approach. Each supplier has something different to offer, which is why it’s so important to get tailored quotes for your business, rather than just trying to compare prices online.
What do you need to think about before choosing a vehicle tracker for your small business?
- Active or passive – do you want your system to only record data for analytics or also to provide real time tracking?
- Anti-theft – is your device intended for anti-theft purposes or for mileage and location tracking?
- Standard, location-based tracking or telematics – do you only need to know where your drivers are, or also whether they’re driving safely and how much fuel they’re using?
It’s a big investment – so it’s worth doing your research. Click on one of the logos below to find out more about that vehicle tracking supplier, or click here to skip to our FAQs.
|Vehicle Tracking Providers|
How to get your vehicle tracker
We’ve said it once, and we’ll say it again. When you’re looking for a vehicle tracking solution, simply comparing prices online isn’t enough – and it’s not that simple, either! Getting your tailored quotes with Expert Market-approved suppliers is as easy as one, two, three…
Step 1: fill in this form with a few small details about your business.
Step 2: we’ll match your needs with the best suppliers for the job.
Step 3: these suppliers will then contact you with tailored quotes, leaving you to choose the one that’s right for you. Easy!
▶ Read more: The best dash cams for business
What are the benefits of vehicle tracking for small business?
No matter how big your fleet is, tracking technology brings big benefits to your business. As well as promoting driver safety and efficiency, vehicle trackers increase fuel economy and let you optimise routes to save time and money.
Vehicle tracking systems come with intelligent reporting and analytics functions, too. And you can access most of them anytime, anywhere – from your mobile, tablet, or laptop computer.
▶ Read more: The benefits of fleet management systems
What is GPS, and how does it work?
GPS (Global Positioning System) is the technology that makes remote tracking (of vehicles, assets, or adventurous pets) possible. We won’t bore you with the details, but it basically works by emitting a signal to a collection of about 30 satellites up in space.
No matter where you are on this big rock of ours, there’ll be at least four of these satellites ‘visible’ at any time. Our GPS-equipped devices essentially intercept the signals coming from these satellites. Then, through a process of (long word alert!) ‘trilateration’, our devices can pinpoint their own exact location on earth. What does that mean for you? Live, accurate reporting about the whereabouts of your vehicle, asset, or favourite four-legged friend.