Managing your workforce whilst on the move can be challenging for a number of reasons. You need to have access to up-to-date information and be able to react quickly to unexpected absences or poor time-keeping. Time and attendance apps have become popular in recent years for tracking employee hours at remote locations. We’ve reviewed 6 of these apps available in the UK and US, to give you a better understanding of your options.
To quickly find the best time and attendance solution for your business, just fill in the form at the top of this page. We’ll conduct a tailored search on your behalf, exploring multiple avenues including apps, cloud-based solutions, biometric solutions and more, then connect you with your best options at the best prices.
Workday Time Tracking
This is an enterprise-grade app that is suitable for all sizes of business, and is free of charge to Workday customers. Available in the UK and US, on iPhone and Android, you can access this app from any web browser. The time tracking app can be integrated with other apps from the company, including human resources and financial management.
This depends on the type of smartphone used, but the app is free to existing customers of Workday.
• Configure workflow, processes and work rules
• Clock in and out from any web browser
• Automatic date and time stamps for authentication
• Real-time information and reporting
• Automatic calculation of basic and overtime hours
• Worker attendance and productivity is increased, and time theft reduced via the time-stamping
• Labour costs are more controllable and payroll figures can be calculated accurately via integration with other Workday software
• Reduced compliance risks
• Gain an insight into the cost of labour in order to make more informed operational decisions
Time Clock Plus
Time Clock Plus mobile apps are designed for tracking employees’ hours when they are out on the road, or working remotely. This is a notoriously difficult area when it comes to logging hours of work, and this app will help to prevent disputes concerning working hours and overtime. The need for manual timesheets is eliminated, and the app provides a new level of confidence during the payroll process.
Prices depend on your type of device, but the app is available for Android, iPhone, and Blackberry.
• Clock in and out
• Break times recorded
• Records any missed punches
• View and approve hours
• GPS snapshots to confirm employee location
• Message review facility
Being able to track employee time at remote locations reduces time theft and enables business owners to accurately calculate payroll figures. Disputes are minimised thanks to an increased confidence in the automated system, and absenteeism/missed punches are more controllable.
Empower Time Mobile
Empower Time Mobile is available for iPhones and smartphones/tablets with Windows operating systems, and has been developed by Empower Software Solutions. The company works with businesses in a range of industries, including retail, healthcare, media and transportation.
Prices are dependent on the type of smartphone or tablet used, but the app is available free of charge to existing clients of Empower Software Solutions.
• Punch-ins and outs
• Holiday requests
• Quick updates of time and attendance records
• Up-to-date data on all employees
Managers and business owners can easily track employee time and attendance when away from the office/site, making the payroll process more accurate. Use of the software also provides confidence in the calculation of hours during potentially complicated working patterns. Easy to install and use, businesses become more productive due to real-time data availability via the app.
Timeforce II Mobile
Timeforce II Mobile is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android and Blackberry. It is useful for businesses in the construction industry, travelling salespeople, or simply any business that uses a mobile workforce. The app will record and save time punches even if mobile phone reception is not available.
Pricing is dependent on the type of device used.
• Real time information
• Captures GPS location of mobile employees
• Self service clocking in and out
• Supported by a range of devices
• Efficiently track your employees’ time
• Manage employee attendance more efficiently
• Eliminate time theft and ‘buddy punching’ and boost your bottom line
• Quickly build schedules and rosters
• Operate from any remote location
• Enables accurate payroll calculations and minimises disputes
• Maintain compliance with various legislations
TimeStation is available on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, if they have a front-facing camera, and is a mobile time and attendance app aimed at small to medium sized businesses. TimeStation uses ‘Fast-Scan’ technology to record punch ins and outs, and stores the information in the cloud so that it is accessible wherever there is an internet connection.
TimeStation offers free access for up to 10 employees and 2 administrators, with paid-for plans starting at $19.95/month for up to 20 employees and 2 administrators. The top-priced plan costs $59.95/month, and this is aimed at larger businesses of up to 200 employees, with 5 administrators having access.
• Fast-Scan technology allows punching in and out using a card or PIN
• GPS location tagging
• Employee self-service facility
• Integration with payroll
• Advanced reporting
• Standard SSL encryption secures your data
• Use multiple TimeStations at the same time
• Print your own employee cards
• No software to download and install, or servers to maintain
• Cost-effective without huge outlay
• Quick and easy to start, with card-printing in minutes
• Increased accuracy of payroll calculations
• Employee location information prevents time theft and ‘buddy punching’
Enter Mobile Apps
This app is available on Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems, and is aimed at sales and service professionals.
The app is free to download and the Starter package is also free for up to 5 users. The Standard package costs $4.99/month per user, and is available for up to 100 users.
• Real time information
• Easy-to-use admin control panel
• View employee location on map
• Punch in and out
• Daily or monthly reports
• Control over mobile workforce location and attendance
• Accurate logging of hours worked
• Information available wherever there is an internet connection
• Security/password settings according to hierarchy
Save by Comparing Time & Attendance Systems Quotes from Leading Suppliers
Do you already have a Time & Attendance System?