Biometric time and attendance software, such as facial recognition systems, offer a quick and easy way to manage issues that include absenteeism, mobile workforces, and time theft. Facial recognition systems work by mapping the unique structure of a face and the precise distances between elements such as the eyes and nose. They are a more hygienic alternative to fingerprint and hand scanners as no contact needs to be made, therefore there is less chance of transferring bacteria between employees. Because facial recognition scanners do not rely on the scanning clean healthy skin to work, they are also a better choice for manual labour environments, however sufficient lighting is required. Fill out the form at the top of this page and Expert Market UK will compare rates and services across multiple time and attendance providers to find you the best solution for your business.
Below are reviews for some of the best facial recognition biometric systems for time and attendance in 2017:
|Top Facial Recognition Time Attendance Systems (2017)|
Wisegrove Ltd have been in business since 1984 and serve customers in a wide range of industries, including retail, manufacturing, hotels, education and the motor industry. The company provides phone support following installation of all their products, and support contracts are available to buy at the end of the warranty period. Their ActIn Time Lite Junior package costs from £295 and includes software, the terminal which can be used for facial recognition, 12 month warranty, and free delivery.
- Employee limit of 75
- Multiple site capability
- Up to 700 faces and 10,000 users
- 4.3” colour touch screen display
- Built in Ethernet
- SB download should your network be unavailable
- Reliable and secure method of managing workforce attendance
- Boosts productivity by automating administrative tasks
- Eliminates ‘buddy punching’ and time theft
Synel UK is a long-established provider of biometric software with over 2,000 clients in the UK. Their patented facial recognition system is called SY Face, and is used in a variety of industries including education and healthcare. It is known for its fast and accurate detection under all lighting conditions, and the entire verification process takes just 1 second.
Recently the SY910 was released, an updated version of the successful SY940, with even faster recognition and a more compact design. The SY910 works with Synel software, and is completely customisable. For standalone hardware that does not require additional software there is the SY110, which can extract information by a USB and can be imported onto an excel sheet. Due to this fact that each business has unique requirements from such a system, pricing is done on a case by case basis.
- Fast face recognition using a dual sensor algorithm
- Accuracy rate of 99.99%
- User-friendly interface and controls
- Real-time information
- Advanced reporting capabilities and graphic displays
- Touch-free, hygienic alternative to fingerprint scanners
- Eliminates ‘buddy punching’ and time theft
- Boosts productivity
- No need for cards or badges
Despite their name, FingerTec produce more than fingerprint recognition technology. They offer 3 types of face recognition time and attendance software: Face ID 4D; Face ID 3; and Face ID 2.
Face ID 4D and Face ID 3:
- High resolution infrared camera
- Stores up to 400 face templates, 10,000 card templates, and up to 100,000 transactions
- Face recognition, card or password can be used
- 3” colour touch screen panel
- Multi-language options
Face ID 2:
- High resolution infrared camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Stores up to 10,000 fingerprint templates; 500 face templates; 10,000 cards; and 200,000 transactions
- Face and fingerprint recognition, card or password can be used
- Face verification time is less than 2 seconds
- 4.3” colour touch screen panel
- Daylight saving timer
- Internal backup battery
- Multi-language support
All of these systems offer quick and easy verification of employee attendance, and minimise time theft and ‘buddy punching.’ Data is recorded in real time, allowing managers and business owners to respond quickly to unauthorised absences and poor timekeeping.
Save by Comparing Time & Attendance Systems Quotes from Leading Suppliers
Do you already have a Time & Attendance System?
Egress Systems are a well established and trusted time and attendance company. They offer the F710 FaceID face recognition reader for time and attendance and this is able to integrate with their Focus Time & Attendance Software.
- 3.5” colour touch screen
- 4GB SD card capable of storing up to 70,000 images
- USB connection for download of data to a flash drive
- Works in all light levels including complete darkness
- Contactless authentication
- Voice prompts for easy use
- Fast, accurate verification time of less than 1 second
- High level of security
- User capacity of up to 1400 faces
- Recognition options of face only; PIN + face; card only; card + face
- Easy to use with voice prompts
- Real time data makes it easy to manage workforce attendance
Addtime Recording Company Ltd
Addtime Recording Company Ltd has more than 40 years in the time and attendance industry, and works with small, medium and large sized business in the UK. They have a team of mobile service engineers who aim to answer call-outs on the same day. They also offer regular inspections of existing time and attendance hardware.
Their Face ID facial scanner costs £550 for the hardware, and works alongside the company’s software, Addtime Lite and Addtime Ultimate Lite. Both versions come with unlimited employee capacity and can organise and track data for employees with 3 different rates of pay, but the Ultimate Lite version also includes a shift scheduling feature, and deals with with absence, lateness, overtime, and Sage payroll integration.
- Accurate and fast facial identification in less than 1 second
- User capacity is from 500 to 1400
- Over 150,000 transactions
- Works in varying light conditions, and even in complete darkness
- Can use Local Area Network
- USB for user data upload or download via a flash drive
- 3.5” colour touch screen display
- Voice prompts for ease of use
- Facial or PIN + facial recognition options
- Low power consumption of 12 Watts when operating, and less than 5 Watts in resting mode
- Hygienic method of recognition
- Low running costs make this an affordable system
- Allows you to efficiently manage your workforce and clamp down on time theft
- Large user capacity allows you to grow your business without having to invest in a new time and attendance system
In 1996 this UK Company began supplying clocking machines and other time and attendance systems via mail order. Now AccuTime supplies major companies around the world. It is distinguished by its same day service and free telephone support. The TA100 Facial Recognition biometric clocking systems are priced for up to 25, 50 and 100 employees, from £795 – £1,845 (excl. VAT). TA100 can also accommodate a larger workforce. There is also Installation and training support by experienced professionals. Machines can be networked via Ethernet or stand alone, with data harvested via a USB drive.
- User-friendly Time and Attendance software
- Multiple user accounts on multiple PCs
- Gross wage calculations based on hours worked and overtime, as defined by you
- Data compatibility with Excel, PDF, RTF and ASCII
- Editable reports covering timekeeping, holidays, absences and sickness
- Email function will distribute reports
- Excellent data security with password protection
- Reliable. AccuTime face scanner reads ALL faces
- Simplifies rostering – easily handles rotating and multiple shift patterns
- Real time ‘status’ board for overview and evacuation reports
- Perfect for clean environments – hygienic and hands free
- Eliminates buddy punching with one look
- Recognition time under 1s means a rapid flow of employees
- Touchless technology makes for long-lasting machines
Founded by Quanhong Che in 1985, this bio-security company was built around a revolutionary biometric algorithm that helped it to grow into one of the largest biosecurity manufacturers in the world. With its European headquarters in Madrid, Spain, ZKTeco is also a market leader in time and attendance, and access control software. This diverse company has met the challenge of increased demand for bio-security, producing a range of security and engineering devices, such as locks, many of which will integrate easily with its facial recognition clocking machines. ZKTeco is trusted by security agencies across the globe.
- Ease of installation, operation and processing
- Excellent connectivity via Ethernet or USB
- Unique ZKTeco algorithm for face identification
- Capable of identifying 400 faces and 10,000 ID cards in under 1s
- Advanced infra-red optics
- Secure, compatible, Linux operating system
- Excellent function in extreme light conditions
- Intuitive user interface for fast adoption by workers
- Self-service query function ensures easy maintenance
- Highly developed software package (ZKTime 5.0) that is easy to use
- Ease of integration with locks, alarms and door sensors for security
ClockRite is part of MIM Systems, which has specialised in clocking systems since 1997. ClockRite head office, customer support, and distribution are based in Cheshire, Derbyshire. ClockRite supply only the most robust machines and offer one year of free customer support and initial training. With a number of different subscription levels available, ClockRite is geared towards serving small and growing businesses, as well as its international clients. The excellent C-400 facial recognition clocking system is affordable – starting with up to 12 employees for £290, excl. VAT, but rising to £750 for 800 employees. Extra clocks are roughly £300 – but bulk discounts are negotiable.
- Reliable clocking system with accurate facial scanning
- TCP/IP wireless or LAN network connections as well as USB port collection
- Includes software for calculating hours and overtime
- Printable attendance register in the even of an emergency
- Full reporting functions, including holiday and sickness calculations and planning
- Excel and Sage Payroll Line 50 compatible
- Prevents ‘buddy clocking’ and overpayment over multiple locations
- Contactless system suitable for medical and sterile environments
- Flexible – each employee can make up to 16 clockings per day
- Registers new employees by taking three scans in under 10 seconds
Facial recognition is widely regarded as one of the most hygienic biometric systems, and its ease of use in addition to speed of recognition makes it a popular choice for all sizes of business.
Other forms of biometric recognition include fingerprints, iris and retina scanning, and hand recognition, and all of these systems help business owners to efficiently manage their employees’ time and attendance. You can read more about the different kinds of biometric systems available here .
You may also find the following pages helpful:
- Fingerprint Time and Attendance Systems
- Best 10 Clocking Systems for Businesses 2017
- Time and Attendance Systems Guide
To find the best time and attendance software for your business now, you can use our free tool: just answer a few simple questions. Expert Market UK will conduct a tailored search to compare prices and services from the top providers that are most relevant to your business. We’ll connect you with what you need.