According to a 2012 Constructions Markets survey conducted by RICS (the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), more than 95% of industrial buildings in the UK had steel frames, and were used for a range of different uses from workshops and factories, to warehouses and distribution centres. In general, portal frame units (typically low rise structures comprised of columns and horizontal pitched rafters) with an eaves height of 4m to 8m will cost roughly £45 - £65 per square metre. Buildings with higher eaves (10m – 13m) that require heavier frames can cost anywhere from £55 - £75 per square metre.
For assistance with quotations from suppliers of industrial steel buildings, please fill out the form at the top of this page, and Expert Market UK will contact you.
Omega Steel Building Solutions
Specialists in the design, detailing, and supply of steel framed buildings and envelope solutions. Their steel buildings can be manufactured and delivered to site within 7 working days of final approvals, and are commonly used for industrial sites; farm buildings; home steel workshops; garages; and general storage buildings.
Sample Steel Building Quotation from £9,090 (+ VAT, ex works)
- Location: Hampshire countryside
- Dimensions: 8m (width) x 15m (length) x 3m (height to eaves)
- Site altitude: 83m and 20kms from the coast
- Roof pitch: 12 degrees
- Number of bays: 4
- Cladding: Single skin polyester 0.7mm roof panels; 0.5mm wall panels
- Doors: 1 x roller door – 3m wide x 2.5m high
- 1 x security steel door
- No rain water system (e.g. gutter)
Fully accredited specialists in steel buildings for agriculture, industry, and commerce. They take pride in being able to offer high quality products at competitive prices, and have a proven track record for customer satisfaction.
Industrial steel services
- Design, supply, and erection of steelwork; cladding; roofing; and doors for industrial units
- Portal framed and bespoke solutions for new structures, or refurbishments to existing ones
- Flashings and metal gutters are pressed in-house and available in a range of different colours and profiles to suit different budgets
- Supply and installation of roller shutters; slide over doors; and speed doors. Additional options include electric, manual or remote control; as well as insulated or non-insulated, galvanised or coloured doors
Established in 1919 and global leader in the design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of a wide variety of pre-engineered steel frame buildings and structures.
Industrial Steel Buildings
- Bespoke design covering all aspects of steel prefabrication
- Worldwide shipping
- Uses: textile factories; process plants; waste transfer stations; agriculture and farm building sites
- Only the highest quality British Steel is which can be supplied 'hot-dip galvanised' if required
Based in Scotland, with experts delivering over 100 years of collective industry experience. They provide both standard and bespoke steel framed buildings to suit a range of requirements, and pride themselves on being able to deliver on time and on budget.
Industrial building types include:
- Storage facilities
- Office buildings
- Mezzanine floors
- Sports facilities
- Golf maintenance
Over 10 years of steel design and manufacturer for a full range of high quality buildings across Northern Ireland and mainland UK. They aim to provide the best sectional steel buildings available, and able to deliver anywhere in the UK.
- Self assembly (flat-pack) solutions available on all products
- Accessories include: Roller shutter doors; PVC windows; and skylights
- All buildings come standard with a non-drip roof sheet
- Flexible specifications to as large as 30m x 8m buildings
- Strongest fabricated framework in the UK
Saredon Steel Buildings Ltd
Wolverhampton-based manufacturer of prefabricated steel buildings, and the sole manufacturer of the KITPAC buildings system known for offering flexible solutions to most building requirements.
- Installations for temporary or permanent use, and fully relocatable
- Speedy on-site installations
- Single skin or insulated options
- All galvanised steelwork
- 1 hour fire resistance available if required
- Multi-purpose buildings: Industrial; workshops; office buildings; storage units; vehicle maintenance; MOT testing buildings; Waste water treatment buildings; gymnasiums; steel aircraft hangers
CM Steel Buildings
The only fully bolted cold rolled steel system in Scotland. Their industrial buildings range from 5m to 50m spans and use a wide range of designs, materials, and portal frame technology to create the maximum floor space at affordable prices.
A leading supplier of commercial, industrial, agricultural and equestrian steel buildings up to 25m.
- Products sold and erected throughout the UK
- Erection teams for installations
- All buildings fully engineered to accommodate wind speed; snow loads and other factors such as altitude
- 15m x 10m industrial unit ( as seen on ebay)
- From £8,353.00
- Single skin plastisol coated cladding to walls and roof
- 1 x manually operated roller shutter door (2440mm wide x 2135mm high)
- Includes free delivery to UK mainland
- Free building plans
- Conforms to BS5950 (British Standard)
When looking to buy, build, or upgrade an industrial steel building, factors other than the final quotation - which can also affect price - need to be taken into account:
- The design scheme should incorporate a fire protection strategy
- Urban locations are likely to be inflexible and costly in terms of logistics, so opt for out-of-town locations
- Renovations to existing buildings might require owners to only work with specific contractors
- Ensure that the local planning authority has been consulted with, in order to stay informed of restrictions which could impact the choice of steel buildings available.
If you'd like to know more about industrial steel building prices please fill out the form at the top of this page and Expert Market UK will contact you.