Cloud based payroll software is a great solution for entrepreneurs and business owners on the move, and is no longer viewed as the exception rather than the rule when compared with PC based systems.
Fill out the form at the top of this page and Expert Market UK will help you find the best payroll software for your business. Compare rates and services from top providers.
If you are struggling to find a great cloud based payroll solution, below is a selection of reviews of top payroll companies offering this type of technology. So take a look and see if you can find the right product for your business.
Iris has more than 34 years’ experience in the accountancy software field, and is a market leading brand in the payroll technology sector. Their online payroll software is one of many products offered by the company, and it is available to download for a free trial period of 2 months.
- HMRC recognised for Real Time Information
- Suitable for sole traders, start ups, small businesses and payroll bureaux
- Joiners and leavers
- Alerts for missing or required RTI data
- Unlimited users, employees and companies
- Multiple payment schedules
- Director’s NICs
- Pension schemes
- Comprehensive statutory payments
- Employee absence calendars
- High level security and encryption
- Automatic backups and updates
This software allows you to scale your business as payment is per employee, so as your business grows, so does the software. High level security offers peace of mind and with nothing to backup or maintain, you can focus on running your business.
£1/month per employee, with additional companies costing £2 per month. Their e-Payslips cost an extra 60p/month per employee.
Ceridian is based in Glasgow and was awarded the title of ‘Best Payroll Product of the Year 2012’ at the Payroll World Awards. The company employs over 7,000 people around the world, and serves more than 140,000 businesses.
- • Access to your payroll 24/7 wherever there is an internet connection
• Real Time PAYE
• Tax year-end processing
• Online payslips
• Pension auto-enrolment
• Comprehensive reporting with over 50 standard reports
• Self service access to payslips and P60s for your employees
• Payslip history
Save time and increase payroll accuracy with automated calculations and online filing. You can considerably reduce the time spent on payroll queries with employee online access to pay information, and save even more time by not having to use manual systems.
As there are no prices indicated on the company website, you will need to contact Ceridian directly for a quote.
MyPAYE is a cost-effective payroll solution for small and medium sized businesses already using Xero accounting software. Data from Xero is used by the software to process your payroll, and payroll figures are automatically posted as Journal entries back into Xero.
- Free backups and updates
- 24/7 access from any web browser
- No contract – pay-as-you-go
- Free online support
- Online BACS payments
- Payslips emailed or printed
- P9D and P11D Expenses and Benefits included
- Powerful and easy to use
BenefitsNot having any software to maintain or backup makes this a simple solution, and free online support provides reassurance of a helping hand where necessary. This is a cost-effective option for existing users of Xero accounting software, and provides an opportunity for non-users to use a ‘full’ accounting package at low cost.
£1 /month per employee
4.Sage One Payroll
A market leader in business software, Sage One Payroll offers a choice of 3 solutions depending on your business size, but specifically designed for small business use.
- 24/7 access from anywhere with an internet connection
- RTI compliant
- Free telephone support
- Submit forms and returns electronically to HMRC
- Weekly and monthly paid employees
- Simple 4-step payroll process
- Sickness, holidays and other absences
- Copes with pension contributions, student loans, and attachment of earning orders
- Printing of payslips and payroll reports
- Easy corrections and amendments
Sage One Payroll saves you time and money by automatically calculating and quickly processing your payroll. The reassurance of using software from a market leader and the free support available makes this a good option for people not used to using technology.
- £5/month +VAT for up to 5 employees
- £10/month +VAT for up to 10 employees
- £15/month +VAT for up to 15 employees
5.Advanced Business Solutions
This is a software design and development company that serves 20,000 customers around the world. Their payroll software automates the entire process, saving businesses time and money.
- Year-end processing
- Statutory deductions and reports
- Online payslips
- RTI compliant
- Full audit trails
- Online completion of payroll documentation
Fully recognised by HMRC, this software offers reassurance that your payroll is accurate and adheres to all legislation. Availability of online payslips reduces the number of payroll queries, and time is also saved by automatic calculation of tax and NI.
You will need to contact the company directly for pricing details.
Payroo offers free cloud based payroll software specifically aimed at small and medium sized businesses.
- RTI ready
- Employee payroll accounts
- Automatic tax code updates
- P11 reports and pay summaries
- Monthly/quarterly P32 Returns to HMRC
- End-of-year returns
- Compatible with Sage Accounts
This cost-effective software allows you to scale your payroll processing whilst keeping control of cash flow. All returns are automated, saving time and money by reducing the hours spent on payroll processing.
This software is free of charge.
Formerly known as Instapay, Ascentis Payroll software is designed to be used by SMEs.
- Customised reports
- Secure encryption of data
- Automatic calculations
- Fast and accurate payroll processing
Ascentis Payroll’s data encryption offers peace of mind that your information is safe, and the entire payroll processing time is speeded up thanks to automated, accurate calculations.
You will need to contact the company for details of pricing.