SmartDebit, founded in 1998, is the trading name of Payment Solutions Ltd. SmartDebit is a Direct Debit bureau for managed payment processing solutions to facilitate the automation of payments. It is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
SmartDebit offers solutions for small businesses, public sector, charities and large corporations. It processes 5 billion transactions per year.
|SmartDebit Payment Solutions Review||Rating|
|Ease of Use|
|Help & Support|
|Reviewed by Expert Market:||12/06/2015|
Products and Features
SmartDebit specialises in Direct Debits for different types of businesses to support both regular and occasional payment collections. Paper and paperless Direct Debits available. The service caters for the need of businesses to reduce the time it takes to chase overdue payments while improving cashflow. Late payments can cause significant financial problems for small businesses, which may not have enough resources to collect payments on time.
|Direct debit processing||Direct Debit Bureau||Direct debit payment processing for small tomedium-sized companies|
Direct Debit Bureau
Customers sign up for paperless Direct Debits directly with the business they deal with. Small businesses may be refused Direct Debit facilities from major banks if they are still in start-up phase and if their turnover is less than £5 million, so SmartDebit can give them access to a Direct Debit facility.
Large corporates can pay large fees to provide Direct Debit, so SmartDebit offers more competitive pricing.Services include:
- SmartDebit Admin, a payments collections online portal
- SmartDebit Direct, a secure Direct Debit submission solution
- SmartDebit Online, online sign up for payers
- SmartDebit API, for integrated solutions
- SmartDebit Contingency, a disaster recovery solution
- SmartDebit Professional Services, training on systems integration and how to process Direct Debits efficiently
Direct Debit Bureau Features
- SmartDebit's online Direct Debit allows to sign up payers, check their bank details and integrate all data securely with a company's own website
- Both hosted and integrated solutions available (through SmartDebit API®)
- Automated confirmations and full reporting
- Easy to use interface
- One-off, ad hoc, weekly and monthly payments are supported
- Charities can set up regular donations and subscriptions
- The Direct Debit solution does not require any BACS software
- Automatic re-try of Direct Debit payment if a payment bounces
- Activity reports for cancelled or amended Direct Debits
- Downtime reduce to a minimum with two tier 3 data centres
- Security of data through a Unified Threat Management System combining firewall, intrusion detection, Denial of Service attack protection with anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware software
Set up fees depend on the type of business, but on average they are approximately £500. There's a fixed fee of £21 per month plus 16p per Direct Debit transaction. Additional fees include new Direct Debit mandates and chargebacks for bounced payments.
Pricing is more competitive for larger volumes of transactions, and transaction limits may apply.
Online reviews for SmartDebit are positive, mentioning ease of use of the online Direct Debit facility and good customer service. SmartDebit take data security very seriously, has achieved 3 levels of FCA authorisation and has a strong infrastructure in place.
If you would like further information about SmartDebit and other payment service providers, simply fill out the form below and Expert Market will guide your purchase decisions.