Xpert HR Company Overview
Xpert HR, a Reed Business Information brand, is an online provider of tools, resources and Human Resource (HR) solutions for businesses of all sizes in both the public and private sectors.
Resources are produced, maintained and updated by a team of 40 in house experts and over 100 external contributors. The site is constantly updated to keep subscribed organisations informed of case law and legal precedents, changes to employment law, and latest pay trends.
Tools and Services
Xpert HR provides an extensive range of services and tools that can be used by organisations to develop an effective HR strategy, ensuring that they remain both legally compliant and competitive by following best practice in all HR matters and reducing the risk of costly employment tribunals.
Services and tools available include:
- Employment Law – a range of services and resources to enable organisations to remain compliant with employment law. These include employment law manual, case studies, statutory rates including sick pay and tax allowances, and legal expenses insurance.
- Policies and Documents – Documents available for download include legally compliant policies, contracts, forms and letters. Each document comes with usage guidance and information about any upcoming changes to legislation. An extensive range of topics are covered including recruitment, flexible working, adoption rights, retirement, agency temps and data protection.
- Good Practice Guides – These provide guidance on good practice in people management to support businesses getting the best out of their workforce. Guides include, where relevant, reference to the latest legislation, case studies, techniques, communication and record keeping. They are available for a wide range of topics including: handling discipline, bribery, stress management, religion and belief, and disability.
- Benchmarking – Organisations can use this service to benchmark their own practices against other organisations. Tables and charts can be created from the data for use in reports or to support training. Areas covered include pay and benefits, recruitment and retention, diversity and equality, and employee relations.
- Liveflo – An interactive desktop workflow tool that ensures users follow the correct steps when presented with an HR issue. The tool provides a step by step guide through the appropriate procedure to ensure compliance with the law.
- International – Organisations that have staff based outside of the UK will find resources that cover employment law from recruitment through to termination of employment ensuring they are able to stay compliant with employment law abroad. Many countries are covered including Brazil, China, Germany and Poland.
- Training – A range of resources are available to download including presentations to support organisational briefings, a directory of training providers, surveys and comments on new training initiatives.
- Recruitment – Getting recruitment right first time, every time can provide organisations with both cost savings and staff performance benefits. This service provides guides, comments and updates on a range of topics including the cost of recruitment, employing foreign workers, volume recruitment and using background checks.
- Legal Advice – A 24/7 helpline provides organisations with legal advice from qualified, practising employment lawyers.
Potential clients must subscribe to resource, after which Xpert HR will tailor a solution and provide a quote to meet the needs of your organisation. An example cost for a basic package is £1,645.
Prospective subscribers can request a demo, try out the free HR Health Check and request a free model policy on the use of social media.
▶ Now Read: Using integrated HR and payroll software
The company have good reviews, with one business owner in particular describing “the quality of legal briefings and documents” as being “quite fantastic.”
Looking to Compare HR Service Providers?
To see how Xpert HR compares to other providers, simply complete the form at the top of the page and Expert Market UK will help you find the best HR service for your needs.