Buying Quiet Air Compressors
Silent or quiet air compressors are piston compressors that are virtually noiseless and fully automatic. They're usually environmentally friendly machines and designed in both lubricated and oil-free ranges for commercial and industrial businesses alike.
They're mostly seen in environments where high noise levels are unacceptable or inappropriate such as laboratories; medical and healthcare centres (e.g. physiotherapy); electronics, food and water service equipment (e.g. bakeries); as well as in commerce for shoe, cosmetic, and paint spraying industries.
Clarke Shhh Air Compressor (£310.00 - £958.80 inc.VAT)
These compressors are virtually silent in operation, and come in a range of cheaper options.
- Fully portable
- 50 litre air receiver
- 8bar (115 psi) maximum working pressure controlled by fully automatic pressure switch
- Specification also includes filter regulator with gauge, receiver, pressure gauge, safety valve,
- Applications from domestic to light industry, spraying, inflating, testing, blowing, stapling etc.
Bambi Silent Compressors (£126.00 – £576 ex. VAT)
This range is ideal for those who want a combination of low noise and high performance.
- Top class British manufacturer
- Silent, pollution free air with sound levels from just 40dB(A), and almost no vibration when running
- Designed with low maintenance in mind and are very durable
- Versatility provides for tasks such as airbrushing, pneumatic controls, glue dispensing, and additional situations where silent air compression is required.
- Also a leading supplier to medical and dental professions
Abac Silent Series
This range suits all professional applications starting with direct driven compressors going up to two stage units with tank mounted dryers.
- The Abac S A29B & S A39B are fully portable compressors that place a strong emphasis on both noise reduction and moveability.
- All benefits of their PRO range are combined with extra comfort
- Suitable for applications such as sanding, painting, and impact wrenching
WHISPAIR Super Silent Hermetic Piston Compressors
Extremely quiet compressors that use fridge technology and suitable for all instances, such as schools, where low amounts of air are required.
- Portable and stationary versions
- Easy to use and come with automatic control
- Oil lubricated machines with oil removal filters available as an option
- Designed for 50% duty in light use applications
- Achieves noise levels as low as 40dB(A)
Sil-Air Compressors (from £395.00 ex VAT and shipping)
Silentaire Technology manufacture quiet running compressors that lead the market in low noise level, efficiency and quality.
- Offer a wide range of both oil lubricated and oil free applications
- Economical and energy efficient
- Completely automatic – units come equipped with a tank, built in moisture trap, line pressure gauge, tank pressure, safety valve, air intake filter, and carrying handle/wheels for extra portability
Jun Air Compressor 12-50
JUN-Air have been leading suppliers of quiet air compressors since 1958, and have introduced a new generation of compressors with few moving parts:
- Reduced noise levels and vibrations, as well as wear and tear to equipment parts
- They're able to be positioned at their place of use.
- Noise levels of approximately 65db(A)
- Reduced energy consumption, therefore cost effective and environmentally friendly