Any successful organisation will realise that their employees represent their leading resource and asset, demonstrating the public face of the company to customers and competitors and providing an invaluable pool of talent.
In order to properly manage this asset and deliver the appropriate levels of care and attention to their development and well being, a business will require the services of an efficient and cost effective HR team.
Of course, not all businesses appreciate the need for a full human resources department and may try to spread duties and responsibilities through other areas of the company. These demands may mean that senior management will sometimes find their attention directed away from areas of strategic planning and issues of productivity, thereby impacting on the overall financial health of the organisation.
This can be a particular challenge for SMEs working with limited resources or for large multinational organisations with services spread over many different divisions and countries. For both, these problems are then further exacerbated when issues of mergers and acquisitions arise and alternative technologies and processes will need to be incorporated under one corporate umbrella.
By using the services of an HR outsourcing provider, a business will have the opportunity to either share their responsibilities with a third party or hand them over completely to a team of experienced, professional HR practitioners. Outsourcing delivers a raft of service solutions from recruitment and training and the monitoring of performance, right through to payroll, pensions, redundancy and dismissal.
The customer will have the ability to choose services from the extensive portfolio provided, allowing him to build a package tailored to the specific needs of his organisation.
HR Outsourcing Options
From their offices in Brentwood Essex, Fresh HR Minds specialise in providing a bespoke range of human resources applications targeted at the small and medium sized company. With a strong background in recruitment, consultancy and HR legislation. This small team of dedicated professionals will work in collaboration with existing staff in-house delivering a wealth of expertise through one-to-one support and advice.
HR services provided in their monthly fee will include:
- Telephone access to consultants specialising in all aspects of employment law and issues of legislation and compliance; customers will have immediate contact with a senior legal representative who will be retained as their dedicated lawyer for the duration of any case.
- The design and preparation of contracts of employment in addition to any required correspondence following procedural issues such as grievance or disciplinary actions.
- The regular review and updating of contracts of employment, reflecting the changing needs of the company.
- Immediate updates on new employment legislation and regular, six monthly, prearranged visits to discuss any employee issues which may need action.
- Access to comprehensive indemnity insurance which may be required against any employment based dispute.
- The provision of employee recruitment services, free of charge, including contract and temporary staff if needed; screening and interviewing process, the preparation of 'offer' letters when applicable and all attendant documentation including contract of employment.
- Unlimited access to project management consultancy for periods of mergers and acquisition, restructuring or realignment.
- Weekly/monthly payroll services.
- Procedural advice on redundancy issues.
- The services of a mediation specialist to deal with matters of employee dispute and conflict resolution including formal referral to ACAS reconciliation if required. Fresh HR Minds will also arrange an employee counselling service (for an additional fee) should the need arise.
As an indication of the standard monthly fee charged for the adoption of Fresh HR Minds outsourced services, a business with 1-10 employees and an annual turnover of £100,000 may expect to pay from £50 to £100. Additional payroll services are available from £16 per month. Due to the bespoke nature of the services offered and the specific needs of each customer, prospective clients are offered a free consultation with a member of the Fresh Minds team where they can discuss their requirements and receive an itemised quotation for the services requested.
Broad-Scope HR Outsourcing Delivery
Leading UK providers of HR outsourcing solutions, Northgate Arinso, manage their operations from their Hemel Hempstead corporate headquarters, with regional offices in Bristol, Richmond, Sheffield and Peterborough for targeted service provision. Their extensive suite of solutions can offer every level of HR application from daily administration support and payroll to the highest level of strategy development and management for mergers and acquisitions. All can be delivered through a bespoke programme which has been tailor made to suit the exact requirements of the customer.
The company has an extensive portfolio of over 2,500 UK clients ranging from SMEs to public sector organisations and blue chip industries and covering the full extent of the market sector.
When a customer employs their services, they will become a member of the Northgate Arinso community, gaining access to a support team consisting of the highest calibre industry professionals who all possess specialised expertise in a mixed background of HR, IT and application skills. Their knowledge of the industry allows them to deliver rapid resolutions to the raft of employment based human resources challenges which impact daily on the efficient management of any business, large or small. Clients will also have access to the password secured Northgate Arinso Extranet which is made available on a 24/7 basis at no extra charge.
This flexible suite of HR solutions may be adopted as an integrated element in the existing strategy of the company or utilised as a standalone application. They can be used to design a secure and seamless HR process which will reflect the current needs of the business in addition to providing optimum scalability for future growth.
Included in the library of applications will be:
- e-HR and HR software.
- Recruitment and training packages.
- Attendance, time keeping and productivity monitoring.
- Advice and support on employment law legislation and compliance.
- Applications for SAP HCM (systems, applications and products for human capital management) solutions.
Northgate Arinso fully appreciate that most organisations will have a highly specified and complex range of HR solutions to meet their specific business model. To best meet these requirements they suggest that any prospective client may prefer to contact a member of their service team directly to discuss their HR needs in detail before a quotation is given.